Sunday, December 28, 2008

A little victory...

Ok, so those of you that know me well, and especially some of you "high school friends, " ( nudge, nudge, Rob and Greg ), know me well enough to know that I have struggled since I was a teenager with a little somethin'. Now I shouldn't call it "little" because there have been some incredibly awful times, deep depressions even, because of it. In high school and in to my early 20's, I was bulimic, and it turned it to a big obsession with food and weight. I have gained and lost the same 30 - 35 lbs about a million times since then, and I am not really counting pregnancy weight gain. Don't get me wrong, the last 8 years or so have been SO SO much better. I have found Weight Watchers to be the lifestyle that works best for me... Right now, I am trying to lose the last of the baby weight. It takes me about a year to get back, not like some women who leave the hospital in their "skinny jeans"...I do consider it an addiction tho, and the obsession with it all never goes away... ( I often say, that if it was alcohol, I'd be an alcoholic...) BUT this week, I had a little victory. Usually over the holidays I "give up" trying to lose weight or maintain and just have a binge fest from about Thanksgiving till Christmas. This year I was determined to at least maintain my weight and have the holidays not be all about food. Well, I DID IT! Not only did I not binge, I lost weight this week! WHOO HOO!!! I can't even express how nice it was to be in control and have what I wanted in the right portion sizes, ( thank you WW and flex points...) I only hope that this is a stepping stone for New Years, Valentines and Easter! I can do it!!!

8 comments:

Deon said...

I am proud of you for your victory as well as for sharing this. So happy you are blogging now. It looks like you all had a great Christmas! Hug the boys for me!

Allyson & Jere said...

Good for you Lins, that is really awesome! I need to get on that "control" train and FAST!!

Jami said...

you look amazing! I am so proud of you.

Frugal Jen said...

That is great! You look so beautiful in your photos but you always have!

The Lowes said...

Linsey,
I love your blog, and I just have to say that I think you are amazing! I think you are beautiful inside and out! Keep up the good work.

goofy feet said...

I remember those crazy pagent days!... So good to hear this and that you're at a place where you can look back over all those years and see your progress and hard work!

Greg and Tammy said...

Well, you can't NUDGE Rob and me until you tell me you have a new blog. Tammy and I were still following your old website. Well hooray for blogs and GREAT JOB on losing weight over the holidays! I took the Thanksgiving-Christmas binge approach this year, and I'm paying for it now. But Tammy and I are back on WW hard core.

Those pictures of Bowen tell me it's been WAY TOO LONG since we've all hung out so we need to plan something soon!

Crandell Fam said...

Yay for you! I'm happy for your success, and hope I can be as successful this year. You look great, and I have loved seeing all the family pictures. :) Cute boys!