Monday, November 2, 2009

FIGHTING BATTLE DROIDS...

We have no idea how in the heck Cole's latest obsession is Star Wars. I have never seen the movie, yes its true, never seen it. But each day for about a week now, Cole and I go in to the back yard and fight the battle droids. Are battle droids even in the movie? No idea. But we have this star wars-ish book that has battle droids in it, so thats my reference. Grandma Dar got Cole this helmet, that is actually a little too heavy for his head, so I get to wear it too... I have to say, I am loving this. And here's why. Since Cole Man was born, he's TOTALLY been a daddys boy. Of course loves his mommy, but he's a daddys boy through and through. Now, with Ty gone to school and gone doing therepy a little more, Cole and I have gotten a lot closer. Not that he and Ty aren't still total buds, or that I think its a competition between us, but its been wonderful. When you ask him who he wants to fight battle droids with, HE. PICKS. ME. Love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Bay Morris said...

I wanna be you when I grow up.

I meant Cole...

Just kidding

Greg and Tammy said...

That is hysterical. Love the helmet on you Lins! :) What a cute story. Although, I'd like a video next time of the actual fighting that ensues. :) He is getting so big!

Tyler said...

He loves you in that helmet so much he was the one who took the picture too.
Looks like you've won this one. Love you

jen said...

I have a little news for you about boys--they discover Star Wars whether or not they are directed by their parents. You said Cole goes to preschool. That's where he discovered nirvana, I bet. All of my boys love Star Wars, and Tucker (who we all know isn't exactly normal but still fits well within the parameters) still light saber fights with his authentic red saber.
With two little boys, I'm sure you have many years of Halloween costumes and saber duels ahead of you. Enjoy, because there really is nothing better than boys! (Don't tell my girls!)

Jenny said...

What an awesome mom you are!!!