Sunday, February 28, 2010

FIVE

Cole Man turns 5 years old today. Wow. Its hard to put my thoughts and feelings about this boy into words. Every mom says it I know, but really where did the time go? My dad used to say "the days and the weeks drag, and the years fly". It has been a very conscious decision of mine to really try to enjoy the moments with my little ones cause they really do grow up too fast.
Photobucket

This boy is incredible. He was spirted right from the start. A very independent guy, but also one who loves people and to be social. He's totally happy sitting at the computer playing on his favorite websites for a long time, but then wants to go fight battle droids with light "savers" with Ty or I after a while. Loves his friends, his stuffed dog Max/Butterball ( he was Max forever, then about 2 weeks ago, he changed his name to Butterball.) He loves his little brother so much, and is best buds with his Daddy. My favorite time of day is when he snuggles up to me while I sing him to sleep. (Although lately, he hasn't wanted a song to fall asleep to, "just lay by me mom". ) Nothing better than that.

Started loving guitars at 2 years old, and hasn't stopped. Seeing him "play" the guitar, ( or gun-guitar, row-guitar, bat-guitar, fly swatter-guitar, or even just air guitar ), is a REAL treat. When he gets to play guitar hero, at Jake and Colleens, or at Peter Piper, its pretty amazing. Those who have seen it are pretty impressed. He also loves Star Wars, reading 3 letter and silent "e" words, school, riding his bike, playing baseball, ( he can hit a pitched ball FAR! Starts T ball soon, and I am afraid he's going to be bummed that the ball doesn't get pitched to him! ), the beach, swimming, The list goes on!

Cole has been wanting another "real" dog. Our good friends the Shumways were wanting to find a new home for this puppy, Cuba. ( or Butterball, Sam, Buddah, B-dawg, Mud Bud, Max, Speedy, Cole has yet to decide what we are calling this doggy...He changes every 5 minutes...) So here he is. The doggy loves Cole, and Cole couldn't be happier.
Photobucket

We had his birthday party yesterday, and I'll do post about it soon....
Happy 5th Birthday Cole! WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Happy Birthday Cole! Brock was so excited to get to see him this past weekend. (And thank you for sending me a picture on my cell of them in their matching shirts). It was funny because when I was talking with Brock about his weekend, he said to me, "Mom, you can never go to Coleman's house again." When I asked him why he said, "Because he got a new dog!" (I am allergic). When I asked if it was a big dog or a little dog he said, "It's a medium dog. It's bigger than an apple."

Bay Morris said...

I love that guy

Greg and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Cole!!! So happy he could have the dog!!! What a darling combo!!